98% of olive oil today is not true extra virgin olive oil but rather is fake and causes negative health benefits. In this video, you will learn how to pick out some real quality olive oil.
Benefits of a good quality olive oil include:
1) Polyphenols, which are fat-soluble antioxidant that protect the brain and heart which can lower blood pressure, cholesterol and prevent long term diseases.
2) Mono unsaturated fatty acids are good for the heart, support balancing hormones and lubricate joints.
3) Vitamin E improves heart health and increases healthy glowing skin.
Most olive oil today is not true olive oil but is laced with negative ingredients such as soybean oil or canola oil. If you want to read more ways to know if your olive oil is a fake, check out this article http://draxe.com/fake-olive-oil/
Top ways to pick the best olive oil:
1) Smell the oil to see if it has, a very distinct strong aroma
2) Dark glass bottle
3) Should harden or get cloudy if put in the refrigerator
4) Look for extra virgin olive oil, certified organic and look at the harvest season date and expiration date on the bottle
Is olive oil healthy? Yes, it is great for your heart, brain and hormones but it has to be real, true extra virgin olive oil.