Recipe Type: pesto
- 12 ounces baby arugula washed and spun dry
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup hulled, toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper and salt if used (depending on how salted your pasta water is)
- 2/3 cup UP Oro Bailen Picual or Melgarejo Hoji Blanca extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook your pasta based on the instructions. (I used fresh pasta pictured above)
- Meanwhile, combine arugula, garlic, lemon juice, half of the cheese, pumpkin seeds, in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil and process until evenly blended until finely processed. No more than a minute tops. Season well with salt (if using) and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with the arugula pesto and mix until evenly combined. Serve immediately with reserved cheese sprinkled on top.
- Serves 4-6