Blood Orange Yogurt Olive Oil Cake
“Wonderful use for blood oranges in the winter. Plus, the cake is moist and requires no butter and very little processed sugar. It’s delicious with or without the glaze.”
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 3 eggs
- 3 blood oranges, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons blood orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper; grease and flour the pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk yogurt, agave nectar, eggs, blood orange zest, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture; stir to combine. Fold olive oil into batter until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup blood orange juice and turbinado sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer until sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over warm cake to absorb juice. Cool cake completely, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar with 2 tablespoons blood orange juice to make the glaze. Pour over cooled cake.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com