Lemony hummus with roasted chickpeas and olive oil
Recipe Type: Dips
- 3 400g cans chick peas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 cup ready bought roasted salted chick peas
- Drain the chickpeas well but do not rinse, the residual liquor adds to the creaminess of this recipe.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl of a food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Check seasoning – you most likely will need a little more lemon or salt here.
- Pour into a serving bowl and make a circular swirl in the top to hold olive oil with the back of a spoon.
- Add olive oil. Sprinkle with the sumac and sprinkle over a handful of roasted chickpeas.