Melitzanosalata (Eggplant Dip)
Recipe Type: Dips
- 1 large whole eggplant
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup The Olive Merchant EVOO
- Juice of ½ lemon (or 2 Tbsp vinegar)
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Make 3-4 slits lengthwise in the eggplant, and insert garlic cloves into slits. Make some slits in the side of the tomato as well.
- Place the eggplant and whole tomato on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake until soft. (Note: The tomato may soften before the eggplant.) Remove the tomato when soft, then let the eggplant become soft and remove when done, about 45 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and let cool. Remove skins from the eggplant and the tomato and discard skins.
- In a food processor, blend the roasted eggplant and tomato, then add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.