SEA SALTED OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, egg, both sugars, salt, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Scoop dough using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, keeping about 1 inch between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. They will continue to bake once out of the oven!! Allow to cool slightly before topping with flaked sea salt.