9 oz. Pappardelle’s Gluten-Free Vegan Red Lentil Penne(sold here)
1 large bulb of garlic
2 teaspoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil(any infused evoo may be used)
12 oz. broccoli (fresh or frozen)
12 oz. roasted red peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add red peppers to a food processor and process on high until peppers are pureed, about 30-60 seconds. Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Cut approximately 1/2 inch of the top of the bulb of garlic to expose the cloves inside. Peel away any loose, papery layers. Place bulb on a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil onto cloves. Season with salt & pepper. Pull up sides of foil to seal. Roast for 35 minutes. Remove and allow garlic to cool. When ready, carefully squeeze out each clove.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
5. While pasta is cooking and garlic is roasting, fill a large pot with a few inches of water and bring to a boil. Place a steamer basket over top, then add broccoli. Cover and steam for about 4-8 minutes or until the stems are crisp-tender.
6. To make the sauce, whisk coconut cream into roasted red pepper puree. Pour into a saucepan. Add coconut oil and cook over medium high heat until it is melted. Remove from heat (*If using Parmesan, stir in cheese). Season with salt & pepper.
7. Add pasta to a large serving bowl. Mix in broccoli and garlic. Add creamy sauce and stir to combine. Garnish with red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!
*credit to Pappardelle’s Pasta