Low-Carb Roasted Cabbage with Lemon is a perfect side dish for corned beef or any other kind of meat dish.
- 1 large head of green cabbage
- 2 T olive oil
- 2-3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (I like 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, but if you’re not a huge lemon fan you might want less.)
- generous amount of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- lemon slices, for serving cabbage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F/232C. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 8 same-size wedges, cutting through the core and stem end. Arrange wedges in a single layer on the roasting pan.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice (use the larger amount of lemon juice if you like a lot of lemon like I do.) Then use a pastry brush to brush the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the mixture and season generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Turn cabbage wedges carefully, then brush the second side with the olive oil/lemon juice mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for about 15 minutes, or until the side touching the pan is nicely browned.
- Then remove pan from oven turn each wedge carefully. Put back into oven and roast 10-15 minutes more, until the cabbage is nicely browned and cooked through with a bit of chewiness remaining.
- Serve hot, with additional lemon slices to squeeze lemon juice on at the table if desired. (*from kalyn’s kitchen)