Pumpkin Seed Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
Main Dishes, Recipes
- 12 crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1/4 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds *StonyBrook in store!
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (or 2 Tbsp dried)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil *choose flavored for more flavor
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil baking sheet with high heat oil (avocado, grape seed, organic canola).
- Separate mushroom stems from caps, and place caps on baking sheet.
- Place mushroom stems and all other ingredients in bowl of food processor. Run until all pieces are small and uniform and mixture binds together. You may have to scrape down sides of bowl a few times.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a generous spoonful of the filling. Sprinkle with salt and nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms have released their liquid and tops have become crispy.
- If desired, serve with a side of tomato salad (tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper). Enjoy!
- *credit to one green planet