* A delicious alternative to mayonnaise-based potato salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, herbs, vinegar, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve warm or chill until serving.
3/4 cup: 165 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.Originally published as Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2012