|7-9 firm, whole heads of garlic, with the stem end sliced off. (Do not slice the root end or the bulb may fall apart)
1/3 cup Fresh, Robust, High Poly, High Oleic, Low FFA extra virgin olive oil
|Cooking Instructions :|
|Preheat the oven to 400. In a pie tin, cake pan, or other shallow oven proof baking vessel, place the garlic heads cut side up. Drizzle each head generously with approximately two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Seal the pan tight with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, soft, and golden brown.
|Cooking Time : 35-40 min|
|Servings : 7-9|
25 ways to use Roasted Garlic:
- Mix it into mashed potatoes
- Use it as a base for homemade pizza.
- Combine it with some mayonnaise or mustard for a delicious sandwich or burger spread.
- Add it to soups for a subtle garlic flavor.
- Cook some carrots and mix it your roasted garlic!
- Mix it into hamburger meat then toss them on the grill.
- Add some to a juicy steak.
- Mix it into softened butter, then use that for grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Mix it into some hummus.
- Rub some onto raw chicken before baking.
- Add some to gravy for a deeper, richer flavor.
- Mix it with your mayo and make a roasted garlic potato salad.
- Try adding some to your favorite salad dressing (balsamic & dijon is delightful)!
- Toss some into your favorite Mexican dish.
- Mix some with sour cream or greek yogurt for an easy dip (don’t forget the salt)!
- Use it in place of regular garlic for a roasted garlic pesto.
- Rub it onto corn on the cob.
- It makes a terrific garlic bread!
- Mix it into your mac and cheese.
- Add some to your favorite guacamole recipe.
- Mix it with some high-quality olive oil and use it for dipping bread.
- Make an easy flatbread: drizzle flatbread with olive oil, spread on some roasted garlic, top it with gorgonzola crumbles then bake it in a 400F oven until it’s soft and warm.
- Add some to a savory jam.
- It would be fantastic in your favorite salsa!
- Last, but certainly not least…spread it directly on warm bread. Or just pop it directly into your mouth!