Shaved Asparagus Salad
- 2 lbs asparagus, bottoms removed & shaved thinly
- 4 oz Block of parmigiano reggiano
- 2 T Toasted pine nuts and/or almonds
- 1/4 C Lemon Agrumato
- 2 Meyer Lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 t Local honey
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 lb Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 C Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 T Kosher salt
- 1 t Whole black peppers
- 1 t Whole fennel seeds
- 1 t Yellow mustard seeds
- 4 hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 1. Place shallots in a medium heat safe bowl. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly and pour over shallots. Cover and let sit for 20 mins until cooled.
- 2. Dressing : Whisk together 1/2 lemon juice and zest, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- 3. Continue to whisk and slowly add the Lemon EVOO until combined.
- 4. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Salad : Toss shaved asparagus & pickled shallots with dressing
- 6. Top with sliced hard boiled eggs (optional), toasted pine nuts, shaved parmigiano & remaining zest.
- *credit Saratoga Olive Oil co