5 Pepper Frittata with Sausage
Main Dishes, Recipes, Side Dishes
- 4 ounces sweet Italian sausage (about 1 large link)
- 2/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk, any type
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet 5 Pepper Sea Salt
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 small loaf, French bread, sliced
- If using link sausage, squeeze meat from casing into a 10-inch nonstick skillet.
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned all over, about 5 minutes, breaking up meat with tongs and a wooden spoon.
- Remove to a plate. Add bell pepper to skillet and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, parsley, Gourmet 5 Pepper Sea Salt.
- Stir until blended. Stir in half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan
- Add sausage back to skillet, and pour egg mixture over top. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes, gently scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the eggs.
- Cover and cook until eggs are set on the bottom but the top is still wet, another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler and set the oven rack to the top third of oven. Set bread slices on a baking sheet and broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove.
- Scatter remaining cheeses over top of egg mixture and transfer pan to broiler. Broil until top is set, puffed, and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with toasted bread.
- Drizzle with your favorite infused olive oil!