Stuffed Mushrooms with Bruschetta Topping
Portobello stuffed mushrooms with bruschetta topping are the perfect bite-sized appetizers filled with spinach, mozzarella, breadcrumbs, tomatoes, and fresh basil. from jessicagavin
- 12 mini portabella mushrooms or large brown mushrooms (about 2-2.5 inches)
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 cup roma tomatoes diced, ¼-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus more as needed
- 4 basil leaves thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and lightly grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove stems and chop into small pieces for the mushroom filling, set aside.
Place mushrooms on sheet pan stem side up, lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with some salt and pepper, set aside.
In a medium sized bowl combine garlic, parsley, spinach, parsley, cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling into each mushroom cap, packing it in as tight as possible. Bake for 10 minutes, until mushroom is tender to tops of filling are lightly browned.
In a small bowl combine tomatoes, 1 teaspoon olive oil, basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Add a small amount on top of each cooked stuffed mushroom. Enjoy!