- This recipe is from Patty T. Thank you so much Patty for this wonderful recipe!
- Figs, fresh or dried (Fresh is recommended)
- One of our mild extra virgin oils such as Pendolino or Hojiblanca
- Blue cheese (Stilton is recommended)
- 2 or 3 of our balsamic vinegars.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven on a baking sheet for about 6 minutes at 375 degrees until fragrant and golden. Watch them closely so they do not burn. Cool and chop finely.
- Cut the figs in half through the stem end and brush lightly with the oil and place them on a baking sheet. Broil cut side up until they caramelize slightly and have become somewhat softened. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- Cool the figs until they can be comfortably handled. Scoop a small spoonful out of the centre of each half and fill with a bit of the blue cheese. Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the cheese and serve with a drizzle of our balsamic vinegars. We suggest pouring 2 or 3 of our balsamic vinegars into small bowls and allowing your guests to drizzle the vinegar of their choice. We recommend our aged fig, strawberry, Tahitian Dark Vanilla or black cherry balsamic vinegars but you can let your imagination run wild perhaps with aged maple, chocolate, or espresso balsamic vinegars.